Please note the updated office hours of 9 am - 12 pm Monday to Friday.
Are you looking to export your products? Maybe you are doing business in another country? The Brampton Board of Trade is an authorized trade association that provides globally recognized document certification services to help your business succeed and expand into foreign markets.
We provide the following fee-based services for members and non-members (see pricing below):
- Certificates of Origin for export shipments
- Letters of introduction for foreign markets
NOW AVAILABLE! Electronic certification of documents. Click here for more info!
Certificates of Origin
What is a Certificate of Origin? A Certificate of Origin is a document that makes a declaration as to the origin of goods to meet customs and trade regulations usually of the destination country. The Certificate of Origin attests that goods exported in a shipment have been wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country as stated and declared by the applicant. The Brampton Board of Trade, a recognized Chamber of Commerce under the laws of Canada, is authenticating the Certificate of Origin, is authenticating the declaration made by the exporter by way of countersigning the Certificate of Origin. The Brampton Board of is unable and NOT verifying the factual accuracy of the declaration.
What do I need to get started?
- A Letter of Waiver MUST accompany your first set of documents, or your Certificate of Origin and accompanying documents must be notarized.
-The Letter of Waiver, which must be notarized and an original copy delivered to the Board of Trade, will be kept on file for up to 3 years. You can have your letter notarized by a Commissioner of Oaths or a Notary Public. Please download a copy of the Letter of Waiver, create it on your letterhead, have it signed by your organization and have it notarized. Click Here for a copy of the Letter of Waiver.
-Freight Forwarders: If you are a Freight Forwarder and have signing authority for all Certificates of Origin, you must include a list of companies that you represent, within your letter of waiver. Your company name must also be on the Certificate of Origin.
-If you are a Freight Forwarder and do not have signing authority, you must provide a letter of waiver from EACH company that you represent. It must be on their company letterhead and must also be notarized. Your company name MUST be on all Certificates of Origin.
- Fill out the Contact Information for your company.
- A copy of your incorporation document showing business number and address.
What do I need for the Certificate of Origin Process?
Certificates of origin must contain the following information completed in full to be authorized by the Brampton Board of Trade.
- Complete Address of the Exporter (or the Forwarder for non-Canadian addresses)
- Consignee's/Notify Party's complete address
- Invoice or document identification numbers
- Particulars of transport (where required)
- Description of Goods, quantities and weight
- Country of Origin/Place and Date
- Authorized company's signature (original signature required)
* Please note that incomplete Certificates of Origin will not be processed.
What does BBOT need to process my documents?
- Original documents. Photocopies and faxes will not be accepted
- Completed Certificate of Origin
- Accompanying invoice/shipping document to which the Certificate of Origin pertains unless full details of the goods being exported are noted on the Certificate of Origin
- All signatures must be original and signed in blue ink
The Brampton Board of Trade does not accept the following:
- Certificates of Origin from foreign countries
- Certificates of Origin referring to free trade agreements (e.g. NAFTA)
- Certification of government documents (e.g. passports etc.)
- Certification of personal documents (e.g. banking statements etc.)
- Certification of legal documents (e.g. wills and Power of Attorneys etc.)
- Commissioner of Oaths of Notary Public services
- Inspection or Quality reports
Where can I get Commissioner of Oaths or Notary Public certificate services in Brampton?
These types of services can be obtained for a fee from some law offices and select local government offices.* The following municipal offices offer a variety of Commissioner of Oaths services in Brampton:
* Please note that the Brampton Board of Trade does not endorse any specific service provider.
Please click here for a list of our new service fees effective February 2017.
Please Note: Non-members of the Brampton Board of Trade will be required to pay at the time of signing.
Members will be invoiced once per month (at a reduced rate). Invoices are due upon receipt.
We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Cheque, Debit, Credit Card
Document Service Hours
Monday to Friday:
9:00 am to 12:30 pm
1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Please note that Document Services is closed daily from 12:30pm to 1:30pm