Manager, Government Relations & Communications Strategy
The Brampton Board of Trade is an independent business association that is the voice for Brampton businesses. We provide resources, connections, and guidance to elevate Brampton — uniting the businesses that shape it.
Brampton businesses find success through the Board of Trade. Whether it's solving business challenges or capturing new opportunities, the Board of Trade is a community that attracts smart business people eager to share their experience.
The Brampton Board of Trade is looking for a Manager, Finance & Operations to join our team. As a Finance Manager, you’ll collaborate with our team, vendors, and BBOT members to provide strong strategic financial advice and deliver reliable accounting practices including payment and bank reconciliations; extracting data, summarizing and preparing revenue and payment journal entries from a CRM system; applying deferred revenue accounting; account payables and payments; and other balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and journal entries. It’s an exciting role with a lot of opportunity for growth.
What you'll do:
- Perform routine accounting functions.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and year-end payroll process.
- Prepare month-end reports for management and finance committee discussion and review.
- Prepared chamber performance statistical reports and forecasts, as needed.
- Manage annual audit process and preparation.
- Complete statutory filings – HST returns, annual corporation returns, tax returns etc.
- Actively manage our CRM strategy and database
- Review and renew insurance policies
- Maintain HR vacation records
- Prepare grant applications
- Identify key opportunities to better serve current and future members
- Engage businesses by phone and online communications to drive revenue. This includes encouraging event attendance, membership renewal or sponsorship
- Assist with trade documentation services and other miscellaneous tasks
Who we're looking for:
Our new Manager, Finance & Operations will come to us with 5 years of experience in accounting and operations in a similar role. We’re looking for a digitally savvy, energetic team member that can bring fresh new thinking to our processes. You might not be able to do everything, but with a strong foundation in project management, relationship-building, accounting and digital competencies, you have what it takes to learn.
If you have the following assets, skills and experiences, this is the position for you.
- Accounting designation (CPA) with 5+ years of similar experience preferred.
- Successful track record in strategy, finance, full-cycle accounting and operations
- Experience in engaging Business-to-Business (B2B) and C-suite personnel
- Understanding of payroll
- Budgeting, variance analysis and forecasting experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preparing management reports
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Experience with Quickbooks is an asset
- Basic knowledge of Customer Relationship Management platforms such as Salesforce/Hubspot
- Project management skills to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time.
- Access to a car so that you can assess and choose the best venues for meetings and events.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours
Why join our team?
This is the perfect position for someone who doesn't want to be put in a box. You will have variety when it comes to daily tasks, giving you the chance to learn new skills and drive your own development. Through collaborating with Stryve, our member agency partner, you'll also be given the opportunity to learn from an accomplished and experienced digital team. Visit stryvemarketing.com to learn more about them.
In addition, working with the Brampton Board of Trade means working with Brampton's best. With this comes the opportunity to build relationships and learn from the business leaders and influencers who shape our community.
Above all else, you're a self-starter who can take ideas and run with them. When things fail, we learn from them as a team and together we bounce back. We’re looking for humble, sharp, and digitally savvy folks to join the BBOT team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!.
You will also receive:
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Remote work available
Sound like a fit?
If this sounds like the job for you, upload your cover letter and resume below. We're a close-knit team, so don't be afraid to show your personality and have fun with your application. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact us at email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
The Brampton Board of Trade embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We view diversity in backgrounds, identities, and perspectives as a vital part of our success. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities (or people of all abilities). Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.