Brampton Board of Trade
Finance Manager / Senior Accountant
Salary Range: $55,000-$59,000
The Brampton Board of Trade is an independent business association that is the voice for Brampton businesses. We provide resources, connections, and guidance to elevate Brampton — uniting the businesses that shape it.
Brampton businesses find success through the Board of Trade. Whether it's solving business challenges or capturing new opportunities, the Board of Trade is a community that attracts smart business people eager to share their experience.
We are a small, high-energy, collaborative, focused team of individuals and we are looking for a team member to join us and manage the finance function in the role of Finance Manager. You will be solely responsible in this hands-on role covering the full accounting, payroll processing, preparation of monthly management discussion reports, budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing financial information, audit preparation, and preparing & submitting statutory filings including HST. You will need to have strong Excel skills to extract data from our CRM system to prepare schedules and for performing financial analysis. You will also take care of the review and renewal of insurance policies, maintaining HR vacation records and HR files, preparation of grant applications, assisting with documentation services (Certificates of Origin), and other administrative tasks. Along with the rest of the team you will have a key role in nurturing and maintaining vendor, service provider, and member relationships.
If you feel that this is the role for you and are excited about the opportunity to be part of the team or are a senior bookkeeper or accountant looking to grow your career, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you'll do:
- Perform routine full cycle accounting functions
- Process bi-weekly payroll and year-end payroll process.
- Prepare month-end reports for management and finance committee discussion and review.
- Prepare annual budget, quarterly forecast, and business insights report based on financial analysis.
- Prepare chamber performance statistical reports and forecasts, as needed.
- Manage annual audit process and preparation.
- Complete statutory filings – HST returns, annual corporation returns, tax returns etc.
- Review and renew insurance policies.
- Maintain HR vacation records.
- Prepare grant applications.
- Identify opportunities to better serve current and future members.
- Engage businesses by phone and online communications to drive revenue. This includes encouraging event attendance, membership renewal, or sponsorship.
- Assist with trade documentation services and other miscellaneous tasks.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for a digitally savvy individual, with strong accounting and reporting fundamentals, that can bring fresh and nimble thinking to our processes. You might not be able to do everything, but with a strong foundation in project management, relationship-building, accounting and digital competencies, you have what it takes to learn.
If you have the following assets, skills and experiences, this is the position for you.
- education in accounting. An accounting designation (CPA) is an added advantage but not a requirement.
- Similar experience of 2+ years would be an advantage.
- Hands on experience in budgeting, financial analysis, full-cycle accounting, payroll process and corporate administration.
- Budgeting, variance analysis and forecasting experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Preparing management reports for management and finance committee operational review.
- Strong excel and analytical skills.
- Experience with is an asset.
- Ease of working with business software and Customer Relationship Management applications.
- Ability to manage deadlines and changing priorities.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours.
Why join our team?
This is the perfect position for someone who doesn't want to be put in a box. You will manage your role independently when it comes to daily tasks, giving you the chance to learn new skills and drive your own development.
In addition, working with the Brampton Board of Trade means working with Brampton's best. With this comes the opportunity to build relationships and learn from the business leaders and influencers who shape our community.
Above all else, you're a self-starter who can take ideas and contribute to the team conversation with your financial insight. When things fail, we learn from them as a team and together we bounce back. We’re looking for humble, sharp, and digitally savvy folks to join the BBOT team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
You will also receive:
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Remote work available
Sound like a fit?
If this sounds like the job for you, upload your cover letter and resume below. We're a close-knit team, so don't be afraid to show your personality and have fun with your application. If you have any technical difficulties, please click here to contact us.
Diversity and Inclusion