Manager, Community Operations
The Brampton Board of Trade is an association that unifies local businesses to foster economic growth, create opportunity, and drive change within our community. As a voice for businesses, we provide the resources, connections, and guidance to elevate Brampton — and the businesses that shape it — to its greatest heights.
Brampton businesses find success through the Board of Trade. Whether it's solving business challenges or capturing new opportunities, the Board of Trade is a community that attracts smart business people eager to share their experience.
The Brampton Board of Trade is looking for a Manager of Community Operations to join our team. As a Community Manager, you’ll collaborate with our team, vendors, and BBOT members to drive engagement in online and offline events. You’ll also play a key role in social media, marketing campaigns, and more. It’s an exciting role with a lot of opportunities for growth.
What you'll do:
- Strategize, plan and lead highly engaging in-person and online events
- Work closely with the VP, Operations to ensure that member needs are noted and met
- Secure venues, plan events and execute event logistics from beginning to end of all events throughout the year including, but not limited to, signature events (Business Excellence Awards, Top 40 Under 40, State of the City, Annual General Meeting, Prosperity Forum), professional development, networks and advocacy related events
- Bring new and exciting ways to utilize digital technologies to engage our key audiences
- Actively manage our CRM strategy and database Identify key opportunities to better serve current and future members
- Work with staff and communications contractors to design creative, coordinate social media campaigns and ensure consistent communication
- Engage businesses by phone and online communications to drive revenue. This includes encouraging event attendance, membership renewal or sponsorship
Who we're looking for:
Our new Manager, Community Operations will come to us with 1-2 years of experience in event planning, business sales or marketing role. We’re looking for a digitally savvy, energetic team member that can bring fresh new thinking, creativity to our events. You might not be able to do everything, but with a strong foundation in project management, relationship-building, event planning and digital competencies, you have what it takes to learn.
If you have the following assets, skills and experiences, this is the position for you.
- Must have experience working with a membership association
- 1-2 years successful track record in event planning, business sales or marketing role
- A degree or diploma in project management, event planning or a related field
- Experience in delivering Business-to-Business (B2B) meetings, events and forum
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience delivering engagement strategies – campaigns and analytics to recruit attendees etc.
- Basic knowledge of Customer Relationship Management platforms such as Salesforce
- Project management skills to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Access to a car so that you can assess and choose the best venues for meetings and events
- Flexibility to work irregular hours
Why join our team?
This is the perfect position for someone who doesn't want to be put in a box. You will have variety when it comes to daily tasks, giving you the chance to learn new skills and drive your own development. Through collaborating with Stryve, our member agency partner, you'll also be given the opportunity to learn from an accomplished and experienced digital team. Visit stryvemarketing.com to learn more about them.
In addition, working with the Brampton Board of Trade means working with Brampton's best. With this comes the opportunity to build relationships and learn from the business leaders and influencers who shape our community.
Above all else, you're a self-starter who can take ideas and run with them. When things fail, we learn from them as a team and together we bounce back. We’re looking for humble, sharp, and digitally savvy folks to join the BBOT team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!.
You will also receive:
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Remote work available
Sound like a fit?
If this sounds like the job for you, upload your cover letter and resume below. We're a close-knit team, so don't be afraid to show your personality and have fun with your application. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity & Inclusion
The Brampton Board of Trade embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We view diversity in backgrounds, identities, and perspectives as a vital part of our success. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities (or people of all abilities). Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.