The Membership Assistant assists and reports to the VP, Operations, Brampton Board of Trade. The position, a learning opportunity for individuals who are pursuing post-secondary business or administration studies, will be responsible for assisting with membership initiatives including phone calls, emails and using the CRM to update and track information.
Nature and Scope
The Brampton Board of Trade is a business association of economic development champions. As the voice of business for the Brampton area, the Board is a strong advocate for continued development of our community and a partner for prosperity. By working together and focusing on initiatives that support growth, members use the services of the Board as an important catalyst for their business success.
Recognized as a leader in one of Canada´s most forward-thinking business communities, the Brampton Board of Trade strives to be the best Board of Trade in Canada.
The Membership Assistant plays an integrated role in the overall coordination of membership engagement, assisting with communication with members (primarily by phone), various operational functions, and providing support to the VP, managers and assigned committees. There is an overall understanding at the Board that everyone works together as a team and as such, other clerical tasks may be assigned to meet project deadlines.
This includes the following:
- Supporting member engagement plans
- Calling and interacting with members
- Writing and sending email
- Updating CRM with current information obtained from member interactions
- Analyze key metrics
- Assist with developing and executing strategy to deliver unique and engaging content across social media platforms based on member conversations
- Identify opportunities for collection of data, testimonials, surveys
- Pulling reports from CRM to identify and fill gaps in information
- Using CRM to identify trends in membership
- Collaborating with cross functional team members
- Other duties as assigned
Within the above areas of responsibility, the Membership Assistant is expected to show initiative and be able to work independently and as part of a team. This requires excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills; the capability and demeanor to deal professionally with all levels of Board staff, members and other organizations.
- Pursuing post-secondary degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to identify problems and issues
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as a team member and able to identify priorities
- Excellent knowledge of: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Creative Cloud, data management
- Ability to meet deadlines (multi-tasking, multiple deadlines)
- Flexibility to work irregular hours
- Optimistic and enthusiastic, self-starter with high level of autonomy
- Organized and detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects
- Must be familiar with the basic concepts and fundamentals of marketing
- Interest in policy development and government relations
- Be well organized with an ability to prioritize and multi task
- Be willing to take initiative
- Be able to react and adapt quickly if need be.
- Have a positive work ethic and a sense of responsibility.
- Enthusiastic & optimistic
Sound like a fit?
If this sounds like the job for you, apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 11, 2022.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Brampton Board of Trade embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We view diversity in backgrounds, identities, and perspectives as a vital part of our success. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities (or people of all abilities). Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com