Account Development Manager
The Brampton Board of Trade is an association that unifies local businesses to foster economic growth, create opportunity, and drive change within our community. As a voice for businesses, we provide the resources, connections, and guidance to elevate Brampton — and the businesses that shape it — to its greatest heights.
Brampton businesses find success through the Board of Trade. Whether it’s solving business challenges or capturing new opportunities, the Board of Trade is a community that attracts smart business people eager to share their experience.
The Brampton Board of Trade is looking for an Account Manager to join our team. As an Account Manager, you’ll collaborate with our team, vendors, and BBOT members to manage and support lead generation campaigns, program development, social media, and marketing initiatives and more. You’ll support our company intelligence efforts and revenue development initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement member recruitment strategies and campaigns to support our membership targets
- Utilize our online and business media resources to identify prospective members
- Follow current members online to identify successes, challenges and opportunities to serve
- Identify best business advantage strategy and align resources for successful on-boarding
- Strategize, plan and lead highly engaging in-person and online events
- Prepare member prospect forecasts
- Create and manage small group meetings and events to engage, discuss and discover opportunities
- Meet monthly membership targets
Who we're looking for:
Our new Account Development Manager will come to us with 1-2 years of experience in business sales or marketing role. You’ll have a strong foundation in sales, relationship-building, communication and digital competencies, and an eagerness to learn.
If you have the following assets, skills and experiences, this is the position for you.
- 1-2 years successful track record in business sales or marketing role
- A degree or diploma in information science, sales, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience in facilitating Business-to-Business (B2B) meetings, events and forums
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience solving business problems – running online campaigns, reviewing analytics, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Customer Relationship Management platforms such as Salesforce
- Project management skills to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Access to a car so that you can meet smart people at their place of business
Why join our team?
This is the perfect position for someone who doesn't want to be put in a box. You will have variety when it comes to daily tasks, giving you the chance to learn new skills and drive your own development. Through collaborating with Stryve, our member agency partner, you'll also be given the opportunity to learn from an accomplished and experienced digital team. Visit stryvemarketing.com to learn more about them.
In addition, working with the Brampton Board of Trade means working with Brampton's best. With this comes the opportunity to build relationships and learn from the business leaders and influencers who shape our community.
Above all else, you're a self-starter who can take ideas and run with them. When things fail, we learn from them as a team and together we bounce back. We’re looking for humble, sharp, and digitally savvy folks to join the BBOT team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
You will also receive:
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Remote work available
Sound like a fit?
If this sounds like the job for you, upload your cover letter and resume below. We're a close-knit team, so don't be afraid to show your personality and have fun with your application. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity & Inclusion
The Brampton Board of Trade embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We view diversity in backgrounds, identities, and perspectives as a vital part of our success. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities (or people of all abilities). Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.